Tuesday 26 March 2013

21

The weekend was full of outstanding birthday surprises which will be lasting memories! I can quite frankly say that I was overwhelmed, completely spoiled and I will treasure all the beautiful gifts that were flung my way. What more could I ask for than to celebrate this milestone with a chirpy bunch of friends. Just wish I could have gathered my loved ones from home to witness the fun packed long weekend.

Friday

New York Cheesecake Pancakes
Rozzypop had made the trek across the Atlantic and my girls from Connecticut completed the jigsaw when they rolled up on Friday night. "Get er' done" - Molly McLaughlin.

Saturday
 
Saturday commenced with pancakes at ihop (International House of Pancakes). It was simply everything we LOVE about breakfast and filled us up for our stroll around Harvard Square and prestigious University.







We scrambled back to the apartment laden with party supplies and I was overwhelmed when I walked through to door to find the living room plastered in photos of me as a youngster and colorful magazine cut outs of all my favorite things. Balloons were swamping the floor space and a heap of cards with international air stamps were awaiting my tearing. 


The entire night I was surrounded by bubbly characters that have honestly become close to my heart throughout the past 7months. The beer pong was a competitive high, Saf's Brazilian cocktails were refreshing with a lime buzz and when the lights dimmed... I HID. The room burst into traditional birthday tuneful singing and Nicole and Rozzy revealed the iced masterpiece of a cake that mum had organized. After making a wish and puffing the candles out, I couldn't resist sticking a finger into the thick layers of sugary sweetness and catching my guests off guard by smearing the icing on their faces - cake got everywhere.   


 
Sunday 

Sunday brunch was served at the Tavern for Rebecca's birthday merriments. Many people ask 'How hungry is America?' and yes it is a common scene to see an all you can eat buffet but this place had such a vast spread of delectable treats, its like nothing I had every seen in my life.


To top off our active weekend we attended the musical performance Love, Sex and Drugs at Northeastern - 8pm - Blackman Auditorium. It was based on typical American students at college and the threat of these three potentially corrupting components to a kids life. There were a couple of catchy songs and humorous scenes but my favorite number by far was the last one when they sang 'Come What May' from the Moulin Rouge.


Monday

25TH MARCH. I am officially an adult that can buy a bottle of wine in Boston. I was showered with precious birthday wishes and even when I switched on my work computer, Google wished me a happy birthday. The messages were never ending and I tried to sum it up in a single status but I can't express how much love I felt for all the miraculous people drifting in and out of my life.

THANK YOU for the showering of messages! Been living a birthday dream in a bottle over the last few days, surrounded by best friends and tremendous colleagues to celebrate my 21st out here in the United States! I will treasure all the wonderful gifts and champion memories that have been flung my way. Wish I could share these moments with all of you back home. Another year older, wiser and more grateful! lovelovelove ♥

And yet another surprise . My colleagues had been collaborating with ideas on how to treat me for my 21st and it was settled that a Symphony Sushi lunch would be the best spot. I tucked into the Curry Pork Bento while wearing my birthday sash and crown courtesy of Molly. After we had demolished the tasty dishes with the fiddly chopsticks YET ANOTHER cake was brought out. The team indulged in the creamy cheesecake that was laden with fresh berries and composed with a chocolate crust.



No comments:

Post a Comment