Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentines Day



I don't believe I am bitter and heartless at all. I just see valentines is a genius marketing scam and the companies selling have truly got the Americans hooked on a day of love and tremendous spending.


The shops are laden with heart shaped treats and stores are glowing a powerful red and pink color of passion. 
 
Flower shops have lines of romantic chaps that are following tradition to get their lovely ladies roses and exotic flowers. 

Chocolate shops are drizzling temptations into their selection boxes. 

Restaurants are booked up and cramming as many cuddled up couples in as possible. 

But to me it seems like madness, showing embellished affection for one single day of the year!

Nicole and I figured it was an excuse to treat ourselves to some TLC and pampering. After work we grabbed some Starbucks coffee to lounge on the couches and call up hair salons. As true Business Majors, looking for a bargain, trying to strike a reasonable deal and avoid paying a hefty fee proved to be a tricky aim but eventually we discovered Micheal's.

My frazzled curly locks were limp and lifeless. The harsh water and busy lifestyle really takes its toll on my frizzy mop and I was convinced it would take a miracle to make any improvement. Oh how wrong I was. A quick consultation was followed by a thorough scrub and some deep conditioning. She snipped and blethered in true hair stylist fashion before blow drying. It was volumised and bouncy and I felt like a Stepford Wife. Nicole had a stylish fringe cut in and it shaped around her face. Definitely going back!

Headed to Applebee's for food...

No comments:

Post a Comment