Friday 30 March 2012

Blazing Heath Fires

Fire on heathland. Photo by Colin Campbell

A number of homes in the Highlands have had to be evacuated close to my house and the Aigas hillside has been ablaze for a considerable period of time now. After speaking with my mum on the phone she informs me that fire-fighters and the committed community are desperately beating the wildfire that is spreading ferociously through the dry heath.


The blaze broke out just after 21:00 on Thursday.


Luckily everything is now under control and the flames are being heavily guarded by the public and firemen. Mum informs me that she is keeping the troops well fed and watered and that although the smoke and fumes are horrendous – it is any girls dream being surrounded by a load of buff firemen – only she could humour a situation like this one.


Wish I could be there to lend a helping hand! BIG LOVE <3

No comments:

Post a Comment